Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Urine test email

I'm sure you've seen this email making the rounds. It arrived a couple of days ago in our email:

Urine test

"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass.

Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

Where I work we aren't yet required to do random urine tests. We may be required to take one if we are involved in an accident with a company car or in another incident involving the company and we're thinking it won't be long until they become random.

Personally I couldn't care less except I haven't seen a policy on how would handle a positive result, especially since I'm sure they won't be spending the money for the best test available.

So, going back to the email, who would pay for the tests? How would they handle positives results, especially false positives? Retests?

I also agree with the general gist of the email, it would just take some planning.

2 comments:

Coffee Guy said...

I think we should do this for our elected officials. We'd see a thinning of the herd all throughout government.

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth!