Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Something completely different.

(stole a line from Monty Python)

I'm sick of politics. They make everyone "irritable" and "testy." Including me. Especially me and I tend to take it out on blog comment sections. (some are just plain fun though) Political commercials get sickening when seen/heard over & over. At least "2E" at the City Beat had a few humerous ones linked on his blog.

I know John Kerry was attempting a joke, but I also know it was one of the stupidist things I've heard this entire political season. Why did everyone jump on his case? For the same reason Quayle get so much crap about his spelling. It's politics and if a Republican had said it there would have been an earthquake while the main stream media types stampeded to tell the world instead of apologizing for Kerry's mistake.


NOW for the something completely different.

My father has been in and out of an assisted living facility and a couple of nursing homes in the GF area. We are extremely lucky as he prepared for just such a thing with insurance and savings so that isn't as big a problem as it could be. (Not that it has anything to do with the following.)

What I'd like to bring up, is the people that work in these facilities. It has to take a special person to work at this day after day. Like anywhere else, there's always a couple of patronizing personalities, but for the most part, our experience has been positive. I'd especially like to mention Tufte Manor and the Northwood Deaconess Health Center and the staff at both places. Smiles all over the place while I know they constantly deal with the very things that brought us to bring our elders to their facillity in the first place. And it's everyone. Not just at the front desk where it's expected, it's the person running the vacuum cleaner, delivering the laundry, nursing staff and aides.

I'm sure none of you get the credit you deserve.


My hat's off to you folks as I know I couldn't do it.

Thank you,



2 comments:

Good Ol' Boy said...

My mother is in a home, C.Y., and I say as you do- those people are special. I could not do what they do every day.
Here's to them!

Rick said...

Hey! I actually agree with you: it was just that, a botched joke. About the President. And people should've known that and not blown it up.

I am also glad that the political season has ended, for now.